Wildflower Hall is a property of the Oberoi Hotels & Resorts located on the Shimla Kufri Highway. An example of architectural extravagance and grandeur, Wildflower provides one with a picture postcard view; set in the Himalayas and surrounded by the valley, villages and vast cedar forests. The former residence of Lord Kitchener is perfect for group or couple getaways, anniversary celebrations, and the best part is that you can happily take your kids along.
How do I get there?
You can get there by car directly or by train till Shimla followed by a cab to the resort.
What’s so unique about it?
- Luxuriously equipped resort with picturesque views.
- Child-Friendly – Earlier, kids under 10 weren’t allowed on this resort. Since many parents complained that they could not visit because of the same, they tied up with a nearby hospital and made emergency arrangements if and when needed for the kids so that families could enjoy a luxurious vacation.
- Unconventional Spa facilities, Indoor heated swimming pool with an outdoor deck and al fresco Infinity Whirlpool Jacuzzi.
- Unique dining experience – Apart from the world class restaurant and bar, Wildflower can arrange a few private dining setups. You can check them out here.
- Unparalleled staff cooperation.
They have a pool table, cards room (where you can play board games like chess, etc). It also has a home theatre and a list of movies for your entertainment. The resort also has a gazebo in their garden if you wish to enjoy the pleasant weather.
They also have a few paid recreational ideas. They can arrange a camp for you with waterproof tent between the woods 15 minutes away from the resort if you want to have a picnic themed outing. They also have a drive up to a beautiful bungalow where they can arrange private dinner for you and for your better half (romantic, isn’t it?)
They have 4 categories of the room accompanied by 24 hours a day complimentary wi-fi.
- Lord Kitchener Suite
- Deluxe Suite
- Premier Mountain view room
- Premier Valley view room
Food – They have a multi-cuisine restaurant with delicious food and delicacies. The chef is also ready to make anything demanded out of the menu. They also serve you items that you haven’t ordered but are must haves according to them. The Cavalry Bar has walls adorned with war memorabilia donated by the Government of India. Such British feels!
Cost for Two
It costs around INR 22,000 per night approx. Rest depends on the category of room chosen. You can check out the offers here.
Picture Courtesy: Oberoihotels.com, booking.com