We know this post is coming in super late but as they say, better late than never! In the midst of Summer that is the month of June we conducted a blogging workshop for tweens and teens, which is basically the age group of 11-18 year olds.
Here’s an outline of what we covered:
- What Is Blogging ?
- Reasons Why You Should Start Blogging?
- Myths About Blogging – Blogging isn’t just about writing on a commercial topic to earn money. Talking about Blogs people write on their area of expertise / social purposes.
- Recognising the field of interest – from fashion, poetry, culinary to dancing one can blog about anything.
- Name for the Blog
- Different blogging platforms
- Setting up your blog
- Creating The Experience
- Identifying your target audience
- Common mistakes to avoid when starting your blog
We were taken aback by the amount of talent the batch had. They understood each and every point taught to them and inculcated it in practical ways when they had to set up their individual blogs. The best part was how innovative they were when it came to naming their blog. Given the variation in age we thought it would be a task to have everyone the same but the younger lot surprised us!
To make sure that everyone would enjoy the workshop we asked them to write on one topic specific to Ludhiana and promised to publish the top 3 blogs.
Nandika Auluck, Myrah Sahni and Aayushman Gupta sent the best entries and we shall be posting their blogs on the city of Ludhiana next.
We are very thankful to Suvra Nanda, Ishita Gupta for helping us conduct this workshop. Most importantly we’d love to mention all the students who attended the workshop and made this entire experience memorable. We hope that you all continue writing blogs.
Let us know in the comments section below if you’d want more blogging workshops to be conducted in your city!
Also published on Medium.